Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I start playing a slide show in photos?

how can I start playing a slide show in photos? on mac book pro

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 10:21 PM

Hi,

there are couple ways to quickly play a slideshow:

• select photos and right click -> Play Slideshow
  • open any album and click Slideshow on the top -> click Play Slideshow button

Or you can create and save a slideshow project.

There is the link with basic information about slideshow:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/photos/phtae8c6d40/7.0/mac/12.0

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 10:21 PM in response to WEB1243

Hi,

there are couple ways to quickly play a slideshow:

• select photos and right click -> Play Slideshow
  • open any album and click Slideshow on the top -> click Play Slideshow button

Or you can create and save a slideshow project.

There is the link with basic information about slideshow:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/photos/phtae8c6d40/7.0/mac/12.0

Nov 5, 2021 12:10 AM in response to WEB1243

One more thought - Which system version are you using? Do you want to use video clips or Live Photos in your slideshow?

Slideshows are behaving buggy since macOS 10.15 Catalina - videos are not playing the full length, and Live Photos and animated gifs are only shown as still frames. If you are having animated items in your album, you may want to view it as a memory, rather than a slideshow. When viewed a memory, at least some of the videos and Live Photos will be animated. Then try the button "Show as Memory" on top of the album instead of "slideshow".

how can I start playing a slide show in photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.