Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Remaining Missing in Big Sur MacBook possible fix...

There is another thread with this issue, but it's closed. My MacBook did not show the remaining battery life in the menubar, EVEN IF THE BOX WAS CHECKED UNDER THE MENU AND DOCK PREFERENCES. It simply wasn't there. I've got a 2018 MacBook Pro.

However, if I removed the power cord, the battery icon appeared. When I put the cord back, the battery remaining stays visible.

That said, I am NOT a fan of Big Sur. There are too many things that are different for the sake of being different...they are not better. I don't know if this is a "feature" of Big Sur, but that little icon with the two sliders makes absolutely no sense...when I couldn't find the battery info, I looked at that icon. Nope, not there.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:24 AM

katkramer wrote:

There is another thread with this issue, but it's closed. My MacBook did not show the remaining battery life in the menubar, EVEN IF THE BOX WAS CHECKED UNDER THE MENU AND DOCK PREFERENCES. It simply wasn't there. I've got a 2018 MacBook Pro.

However, if I removed the power cord, the battery icon appeared. When I put the cord back, the battery remaining stays visible.

That said, I am NOT a fan of Big Sur. There are too many things that are different for the sake of being different...they are not better. I don't know if this is a "feature" of Big Sur, but that little icon with the two sliders makes absolutely no sense...when I couldn't find the battery info, I looked at that icon. Nope, not there.

>System Preferences>Battery>Battery>

>System Preferences>Dock & Menubar>Battery

Monitor your Mac notebook computer's battery - Apple Support

If no resolve try a Safeboot to clear system cache files, no need to log in... reboot as normal to test

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 7:24 AM in response to katkramer

katkramer wrote:

>System Preferences>Battery>Battery>

>System Preferences>Dock & Menubar>Battery

Monitor your Mac notebook computer's battery - Apple Support

If no resolve try a Safeboot to clear system cache files, no need to log in... reboot as normal to test

Battery Remaining Missing in Big Sur MacBook possible fix...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.