Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easiest way to set FTP/SFTP server on OSX Monterey

I am looking for a simple way to set up an SFTP on my Monterey system to enable me to download images from some security cameras. These cameras have a built in FTP client so not sure how flexible it will be but i have used them before and it works to a normal web hosting Server, so i was hoping to replicate the same on my OSX system as i have stopped paying for the web hosting system.

Thanks

JohnW

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 7:21 AM

welshguru wrote:

I am looking for a simple way to set up an SFTP on my Monterey system to enable me to download images from some security cameras.

These cameras have a built in FTP client so not sure how flexible it will be but i have used them before and it works to a normal web hosting Server, so

i was hoping to replicate the same on my OSX system as i have stopped paying for the web hosting system.

Thanks

JohnW

I don't quite get it...

If there is a build in FTP client it seems you download to your computer, not a hosted website server(?)

Maybe a brand name would help....

Have you search the developers website and search their Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

Set up security cameras to use with Home on Mac - Apple ...

iSentry on the Mac App Store

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 7:21 AM in response to welshguru

welshguru wrote:

I am looking for a simple way to set up an SFTP on my Monterey system to enable me to download images from some security cameras.

These cameras have a built in FTP client so not sure how flexible it will be but i have used them before and it works to a normal web hosting Server, so

i was hoping to replicate the same on my OSX system as i have stopped paying for the web hosting system.

Thanks

JohnW

I don't quite get it...

If there is a build in FTP client it seems you download to your computer, not a hosted website server(?)

Maybe a brand name would help....

Have you search the developers website and search their Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201777

Set up security cameras to use with Home on Mac - Apple ...

iSentry on the Mac App Store

Nov 9, 2021 12:59 AM in response to leroydouglas

I read that if you activate Remote Logins within Preferences on the MAC it will activate the SSH and the FTP/SFTP service, so i tried this and I can access the SSH service remotely.

However when i try to access the FTP or SFTP i fails and does not give any error message?

I am assuming that if i can get this FTP option working i can specify a folder within my Directory for the target images to be stored it?

This is all i want.

Thanks

JOHNW

Easiest way to set FTP/SFTP server on OSX Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.