Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching different devices - Problem after I subscribed to iTunes

This issue started after I subscribed to Itunes with the family subscription. I mention this because I think it might be important. I am using a Windoze PC.

Itunes will sync to my phone just fine but when I plug my iPad into my PC iTunes, or Windows for that matter, does not seem to recognize it at all. As a result I can no longer sync my iPad to Itunes. This wouldn't be a problem except I like to store music on my phone and pictures on my iPad.

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:27 AM

Hey there, Billy_J_S!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your PC and iTunes not recognizing your iPad, but it recognizes your iPhone without an issue. Family sharing should not have an effect on syncing with your PC or iTunes, so let's start by taking a look at these article for steps you can take for the issues you're having:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software

Keep us posted on the results and have a wonderful day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 8:27 AM in response to Billy_J_S

Hey there, Billy_J_S!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your PC and iTunes not recognizing your iPad, but it recognizes your iPhone without an issue. Family sharing should not have an effect on syncing with your PC or iTunes, so let's start by taking a look at these article for steps you can take for the issues you're having:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Resolve issues between iTunes and third-party security software

Keep us posted on the results and have a wonderful day!

Synching different devices - Problem after I subscribed to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.