Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The mystery of ZhuGe Service?

Hello community!

Following a fresh install of macOS Monterey, a few days later I was looking in the console and noticed a strange service running called 'ZhuGeService'. What I normally do is that I search the internet for what it's about but regarding this service, there was literally nothing to be found

Although it seems to be an Apple Signed service, does anyone have any idea what this is used for? The service is running under the _coreaudiod user.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 7:01 AM

RandomITMan wrote:

Hello community!

Following a fresh install of macOS Monterey, a few days later I was looking in the console and noticed a strange service running called 'ZhuGeService'. What I normally do is that I search the internet for what it's about but regarding this service, there was literally nothing to be found

Although it seems to be an Apple Signed service, does anyone have any idea what this is used for? The service is running under the _coreaudiod user.

[Edited by Moderator]

Yes it is a coreaudiod—one of Apples private framework found in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework

codesign -dvvvv /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/Versions/Current/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc
Executable=/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/ZhuGeService

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc/ZhuGeService |Objective-C
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/ZhuGeSupport |Objective-C

I am sure there 100's of things you will not recognize or be a mystery to you if you dig through all processes.

Since Big Sur the Macintosh HD is a SSV (Signed System Volume) you do not have r/w access

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 7:01 AM in response to RandomITMan

RandomITMan wrote:

Hello community!

[Edited by Moderator]

Yes it is a coreaudiod—one of Apples private framework found in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework

codesign -dvvvv /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/Versions/Current/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc
Executable=/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/ZhuGeService

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/XPCServices/ZhuGeService.xpc/ZhuGeService |Objective-C
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ZhuGeSupport.framework/ZhuGeSupport |Objective-C

I am sure there 100's of things you will not recognize or be a mystery to you if you dig through all processes.

Since Big Sur the Macintosh HD is a SSV (Signed System Volume) you do not have r/w access

The mystery of ZhuGe Service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.