Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download imovie to macbook air mojave 10.14.6

my macbook air is not allowing to download Imovie keeps reporting I need to update to 11.5.1 and later help please my ios is mojave 10.14.6 and i can't update beyond this update

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:42 AM

If you have or ever have had iMovie on your Mac, you can use the following procedure to download from your App store Purchases folder the highest iMovie version that Mojave will run.

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag youriMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases

displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Shatha-Qamheyeh

If you have or ever have had iMovie on your Mac, you can use the following procedure to download from your App store Purchases folder the highest iMovie version that Mojave will run.

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag youriMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases

displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Nov 7, 2021 7:41 AM in response to Shatha-Qamheyeh

If you have never had iMovie 10 on your Mac before then there is no way to download it. Try the procedure that I described anyway, and see what happens. It is not necessary that iMovie 10 still be on your computer, but only that it was on your Mac at one point in time, and that it had been purchased with your Apple I.D.

Mac computers that are bought new come loaded with iMovie 10. Second hand machines usually have had iMovie 10 removed, and you can't update/download the iMovie app because it had been purchased with a different Apple I.D than yours.

iMovie for iOS is a different program than iMovie for Mac. Having iMovie for iOS on your phone would have no bearing on whether you can get iMovie for Mac on your Mac.

You might be able to find an iMovie 10 download on a non-Apple authorized site, but those sites sometimes contain malware and are neither safe nor recommended.

Since you are running Mojave, you might be able to purchase iMovie 6 from a third party vendor, (Amazon, ebay) as part of the iLife 6 or iLife 9 package. It's a great program, but a little tricky to download. If you go that route post back for instructions.

-- Rich

download imovie to macbook air mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.