Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a bootable Sierra flash drive in Terminal?

Hey guys, I downloaded the DMG file which is on my desktop. I opened Terminal and typed

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

Hit Enter but got this

sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

What can I do please?

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 10:29 AM

Bootable Installer

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

The Full Installer of Sierra must be located in the Application Folder.

Further - the Untitled in above command is the Name of the USB Destination Drive. The drive should be 16 GB and Empty, formatted as HFS Journaled and with the GUID Partition Map

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 10:29 AM in response to mikehende

Bootable Installer

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

The Full Installer of Sierra must be located in the Application Folder.

Further - the Untitled in above command is the Name of the USB Destination Drive. The drive should be 16 GB and Empty, formatted as HFS Journaled and with the GUID Partition Map

Creating a bootable Sierra flash drive in Terminal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.