Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update issues

After the last update from Apple, 14.8.1, my iPad has issues that irritate the heck out of me. When fully charged, it goes to a black screen and then shows the battery symbol with a cord symbol. I plug it in, wait 4-5 seconds and then white screen with the Apple logo comes up. Less than a minute it powers back up to my Home Screen. This happens just out of the blue, and could happen 2-3 times in a row, and then not happen for hours. Very ticked off.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:46 AM

As described, your iPad may benefit from being restored to factory settings - and then restore your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup. However, you are now very unlikely to be able to restore iPadOS 14.8.x, but instead will have no alternative other than to “restore” iPadOS 15.1.

3 replies

Nov 14, 2021 1:56 AM in response to Nootherwirds

@Nootherwirds

There’s no point winging at me. I, and other contributors here, are all end-users - just like you.

Other than the Site Moderators that ensure that we all follow the rules (i.e., The Terms of Use that govern participation in the Apple Support Communities), Apple do not monitor or participate within these communities.

Apple do invite constructive comment and feature requests via the Product Feedback pages:

Product Feedback - Apple

Nov 13, 2021 9:07 PM in response to LotusPilot

These latest updates are a pain. Can you not have a program for tech savvy people & one for non tech savvy? My brain is programmed at this point, I know exactly we’re I have each app & on what page. Suddenly you decide the messages [that I do not need) should be across the top of my screen (instead of at the side) which then throws all of my apps into different positions. This in turn throws my programmed brain in the trash. Please leave these screens to my discretion. In trying to move my apps into a similar layout that I previously had I have now deleted an app. Just stop messing around. Your team is sadistic.

Update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.