Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not passing from Audio Interface(s) to DAW

Hi,

I hope someone can assist me with a newly discovered issue; I replaced my iMac a few months ago installing a 1GB SSD and a clean install of Mojave and all my applications. I had been migration from Mac to Mac for many years and decided on a clean sweep.

This went well with a few little hurdles as you would expect and all seemed to be working well.

However I needed to record audio into my DAW via the Audio Interface and it seems that although it is receiving the sound (meters and lights are flashing) the audio is failing to get through to my DAW. I tested it with Audacity to eliminate the DAW, Audacity failed to register the audio too.

I have a second Audio Interface in a Novation X-Station keyboard, I switched to this. It responded to the incoming audio but again it would not pass to either my DAW or Audacity.

My Audio Interface is outputting sound from my DAW and Audacity with no issues.

So I am thinking that both Audio Interfaces are OK, and that the problem is not with either the DAW or Audacity. Could it be a problem with CoreAudio and how would I resolve it?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DR3

1 TB Solid State SATA Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 GB

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Audi MIDI Setup Version 3.3

Line6 TonePort UX8 Audio Interface

USB 2.0

Driver Version 7.6.8

Propellerhead Reason 10.4.1d4

Audacity 3.0.0

Many thanks.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 11:44 AM

OK, so probably everyone else has been though this issue soon after Mojave's release... but for those who are late to the party like myself here’s the solution:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone > Select Audio Apps that you want to access the Audio Interface.

Thank you to Line6 Technical Support for the assistance in sorting this little annoyance.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 11:44 AM in response to lfo2vco

OK, so probably everyone else has been though this issue soon after Mojave's release... but for those who are late to the party like myself here’s the solution:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone > Select Audio Apps that you want to access the Audio Interface.

Thank you to Line6 Technical Support for the assistance in sorting this little annoyance.

Audio not passing from Audio Interface(s) to DAW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.