Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts does not transfer from my old iPhone to my new one

I restored data from my old iPhone into my new one via a direct transfer between the phones, but my contacts did not transferred from some reason. I'm not back up my contact to the iCloud, not sure if that's the cause for the issue.

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 12:54 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 12:54 AM in response to OferGA

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

Nov 6, 2021 12:54 AM in response to OferGA

Apart from the above following will also not get transferred.

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Music

contacts does not transfer from my old iPhone to my new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.