Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my contacts not coming across from my old iphone to my new iphone when I restore from icloud.

Why are my contacts not coming across to my new iphone from my old. I have doen a back up to icloud before pairing the new phone.

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:43 AM

Contacts are generally not included in iCloud backups unless they are exclusively on the phone and do not sync with either iCloud or any other email account that you have on the phone (e.g., Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, gmail, Outlook, etc). If they are iCloud contacts go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and make sure Contacts is turned on for both the old and new phones. For other email accounts make sure the accounts are set up on the phone in Settings/Accounts & Passwords.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 8:43 AM in response to PFLANO

Contacts are generally not included in iCloud backups unless they are exclusively on the phone and do not sync with either iCloud or any other email account that you have on the phone (e.g., Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, gmail, Outlook, etc). If they are iCloud contacts go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and make sure Contacts is turned on for both the old and new phones. For other email accounts make sure the accounts are set up on the phone in Settings/Accounts & Passwords.

Why are my contacts not coming across from my old iphone to my new iphone when I restore from icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.