Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some on my contacts did not transfer to my new iPhone

Some on my contacts did not transfer to my new iPhone. Why? How can I make sure I have all of my contacts before I wipe my old phone?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:03 PM

It sounds like some of your contacts may have been housed in a different account. If you go to your contacts, check in the upper left corner and see if you have groups, and what they may be. Contacts could be in iCloud, could be in an email account such as Google or a work email Exchange account. You need to get all the accounts set. In the new iPhone, if you have other accounts that have Contacts setup, just go to those accounts and turn them on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2021 4:03 PM in response to Turbo_007

It sounds like some of your contacts may have been housed in a different account. If you go to your contacts, check in the upper left corner and see if you have groups, and what they may be. Contacts could be in iCloud, could be in an email account such as Google or a work email Exchange account. You need to get all the accounts set. In the new iPhone, if you have other accounts that have Contacts setup, just go to those accounts and turn them on.

Some on my contacts did not transfer to my new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.