Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exelator malware removal on iPhone

Other than completely resetting my iPhone, can anyone please recommend the best and safest way to remove the exelator.com malware.

I’ve followed all of the suggested steps:

• clear web history and data for both Safari and Chrome

• remove any browser extensions

• restart iPhone

• check for ‘rogue’ apps

But I’m still getting warnings of its presence appearing on my router when browsing… it seems via Safari.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:05 AM

Unless you jailbroke your phone you don’t have any malware on it. And if you did jailbreak it you are on your own.

Any warnings of malware are scams from criminals hoping that you will be so foolish as to respond and allow your identity to be stolen. See→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 8:05 AM in response to HopX

Unless you jailbroke your phone you don’t have any malware on it. And if you did jailbreak it you are on your own.

Any warnings of malware are scams from criminals hoping that you will be so foolish as to respond and allow your identity to be stolen. See→Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Nov 6, 2021 8:02 AM in response to HopX

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Exelator malware removal on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.