Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with siri set up, it it doesn't hear me. Type to siri does workbut i've turned that off.

Siri has stopped working and when I say "hey siri" it says "sorry I didn't get that". However, if I set up type to siri it does answer verbally. There must be some setting that is wrong. Any ideas please.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:17 AM

Hi DavidJozi,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with Hey Siri. We'd like to help.

Are you able to get a response from Siri while pressing the Home button on your iPhone? Is it the same response or does Siri answer the question?

Have you completed these steps? If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If not, give that a try and see if that helps.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 10:17 AM in response to DavidJozi

Hi DavidJozi,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with Hey Siri. We'd like to help.

Are you able to get a response from Siri while pressing the Home button on your iPhone? Is it the same response or does Siri answer the question?

Have you completed these steps? If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If not, give that a try and see if that helps.

Take care!

with siri set up, it it doesn't hear me. Type to siri does workbut i've turned that off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.