Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Monterey and apps open in background

I noticed after I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey last week that when I open apps, they are opening in the background instead of on top. At first I thought they weren't opening, but then realized they were opening behind everything else. I've never had this problem before and not sure if it's a setting somewhere. I did a Google search and can't find anything, so if anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 6:44 AM

aslaninlasvegas wrote:

I noticed after I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey last week that when I open apps, they are opening in the background instead of on top. At first I thought they weren't opening, but then realized they were opening behind everything else. I've never had this problem before and not sure if it's a setting somewhere. I did a Google search and can't find anything, so if anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Reboot and try again.

See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac

Manage app windows on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 6:44 AM in response to aslaninlasvegas

aslaninlasvegas wrote:

Reboot and try again.

See open windows and spaces in Mission Control on Mac

Manage app windows on Mac - Apple Support

Upgraded to Monterey and apps open in background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.