Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I bought a new macpro I downloaded everything from my old mac pro which I sahre with my husband. I now want to remove my account on the old mac without losing all the data on my new mac both running Big Sur

When I bought a new macpro I downloaded everything from my old mac pro which I sahre with my husband. I now want to remove my account on the old mac without losing all the data on my new mac both running Big Sur

MacBook Pro 15″, 10.15

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:13 AM

Hello alig_big,

We see you're looking to sign out of your Apple ID on your older Mac, and we can help out there.

To sign out, head on the older Mac to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview tab > Sign Out. This will sign you out and ask if you wish to keep a copy of some data on the Mac. You can choose to not have it keep a copy on the Mac when it prompts, if you don't wish for that particular Mac to retain the data. This won't remove the data from the new Mac.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 11:13 AM in response to alig_big

Hello alig_big,

We see you're looking to sign out of your Apple ID on your older Mac, and we can help out there.

To sign out, head on the older Mac to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview tab > Sign Out. This will sign you out and ask if you wish to keep a copy of some data on the Mac. You can choose to not have it keep a copy on the Mac when it prompts, if you don't wish for that particular Mac to retain the data. This won't remove the data from the new Mac.

Cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.