Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing a Website in Desktop Size on iPad Mini 6

Hello all,

I was using a regular iPad 9 until recently, and I was able to see website pages in Safari in a full desktop size. I very enjoyed it since the desktop views are usually more detailed and has more functionality.

anyhow, on my new iPad Mini 6, I’m not able to view the full sized pages in safari, for some reason. I tried websites like, Facebook and Gmail, and it’s coming up like a mobile view, and not like a desktop view.

Does anyone know how to help me?

Thanks in advance!

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 9:12 PM

First, thank you for your reply!

Second, this is not solving the problem, unfortunately :(

I tried turning on Request Desktop on both iPad 9 and iPad Mini 6, and only on regular iPad, Facebook came up in a desktop view.

The reason I want to use such apps in safari and not on their app is that on safari the functions are much richer than on the apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 9:12 PM in response to bumbleben0

First, thank you for your reply!

Second, this is not solving the problem, unfortunately :(

I tried turning on Request Desktop on both iPad 9 and iPad Mini 6, and only on regular iPad, Facebook came up in a desktop view.

The reason I want to use such apps in safari and not on their app is that on safari the functions are much richer than on the apps.

Viewing a Website in Desktop Size on iPad Mini 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.