Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up mail to open to my iCloud email instead of the default of ALL INBOXES

how do I set up mail to open to my iCloud email instead of the STUPID default of ALL INBOXES?

I find the ALL INBOXES annoying and end up deleting, some of my wife's emails. I would like more control of how mail behaves Safari Mail 15.0 macOS Monterey 12.0.1

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 4:17 PM

swsande1 wrote:

how do I set up mail to open to my iCloud email instead of the STUPID default of ALL INBOXES?

I find the ALL INBOXES annoying and end up deleting, some of my wife's emails. I would like more control of how mail behaves Safari Mail 15.0 macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Make some changes to suit your needs—

If you spin the carrot— you can see itemized inboxes in the All Inboxes or Remove it

You can add to your Favorites using the " + " and Control click any mailbox to Remove it

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Use the sidebar in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 4:17 PM in response to swsande1

swsande1 wrote:

Make some changes to suit your needs—

If you spin the carrot— you can see itemized inboxes in the All Inboxes or Remove it

You can add to your Favorites using the " + " and Control click any mailbox to Remove it

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Use the sidebar in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 6, 2021 4:15 PM in response to swsande1

Mail opens to the last mailbox I've selected.

Why are you sharing a user account? You should have separate user accounts with all of your personal accounts separated.

That's way more STUPID than having all of your accounts inboxes consolidated for ease of access.

My wife and I share an email account, but I'm not so stupid that I can't look at the email header and see which email account it came from and not delete it if I think my wife might be interested.

And, you can just not use the unified Inbox in your Favorites.

How do I set up mail to open to my iCloud email instead of the default of ALL INBOXES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.