Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad facebook keeps freezing

Recently, my facebook freezes especially when trying to read comments. Any suggestion to stop this?

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:47 PM

Removing the iPad from the magic keyboard solved the problem. Now I have to find out what’s wrong with the keyboard connection.

13 replies

Nov 13, 2021 11:07 AM in response to RocPen193

Same here...It was OK last night and today it's just screwed up. Anything to do with the fact I just upgraded to IOS 15? (although it WAS running last night, and that was after I upgraded). I can scroll up and down, respond and post stuff, but the second I try to read some comments it just freezes. Only way out is to quit and restart, but even then it quits by itself, goes back to the "desktop (on the ipad, 7th gen). I'll do a restart of Facebook and it'll be ok, scrolling, responding etc, but you cannot read comments.

Nov 16, 2021 4:32 AM in response to Orado

Orado wrote:

I only had to turn on Full Keyboard Access! Why the heck wouldn’t that be on already and what trouble might come from having it on?

You are not supposed to need it on, it's a bug somewhere. If you have trouble elsewhere as a result, like your Space bar not doing what you want, the fix was provided already: "Then tap on Commands and clear the special action for Space and any other key that causes problems."

Nov 16, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Orado

Orado wrote:

That’s a little frustrating that the Apple iOS version would cause the Apple Magic Keyboard to glitch and then Apple tells users to consult Facebook or delete the app that’s causing issues.

True. Luckily the settings workaround has been known for at least 10 days too. Unfortunately it has had to be posted a few hundred times separately because of the clumsy way the forums work, and everyone just posting about their problem without reading any of the messages already there.

My ipad facebook keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.