Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceBook Freezing

Every time I try to hit comment or try to read comments in FaceBook, my iPad freezes. This is a recent problem; I’ve had my iPad almost two years and Apple Care is just running out, however, this started when I installed 15.0.1 and now it’s worse with 15.1. I read a lot of complaints about this so what is being done to stop it? I can’t believe Apple doesn’t address this issue.

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:41 PM

cathydej wrote:

Every time I try to hit comment or try to read comments in FaceBook, my iPad freezes. This is a recent problem; I’ve had my iPad almost two years and Apple Care is just running out, however, this started when I installed 15.0.1 and now it’s worse with 15.1. I read a lot of complaints about this so what is being done to stop it? I can’t believe Apple doesn’t address this issue.

Facebook isn't an Apple app.

Let Facebook know or look at their support site.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 2:41 PM in response to cathydej

cathydej wrote:

Facebook isn't an Apple app.

Let Facebook know or look at their support site.

Nov 30, 2021 3:51 PM in response to cathydej

cathydej wrote:

Well, if it worked up until recently and now it doesn’t and it works on my iPhone as well, then how do you figure it’s a Facebook App problem? Other iPad users don’t have this problem only a few. I think Apple could and should do much better.

Again let Facebook know. Apple has nothing to do with that app.

[Edited by Moderator]

Dec 10, 2021 6:15 AM in response to cathydej

Saw that Apple had made some revisions, so I tried it out again. Thought it was fixed for a little while with “Keyboard Full Access OFF.” But nope, still have the same problem. The workaround still fixes Facebook crashes, but causes other apps to malfunction. I wish I could revert to 15.0. Regardless that Facebook is not an Apple app, there were no issues until IOS 15.1. Once this issue is fixed, I will be very leary of jumping onto every IOS update.

FaceBook Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.