Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will my phone not back up or access hotspot

Why won’t my ph link to the internet or link to hotspot

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:42 PM

1. Try and reset the network settings. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again after this action has been completed.
  2. If the above does not resolve the issue that you are having to connect to the internet, then you may have a hardware issue and that will need to be diagnosed at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.
  3. You may also choose to contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 8:42 PM in response to Mirrimirri10

1. Try and reset the network settings. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again after this action has been completed.
  2. If the above does not resolve the issue that you are having to connect to the internet, then you may have a hardware issue and that will need to be diagnosed at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.
  3. You may also choose to contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Why will my phone not back up or access hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.