Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps

Does anyone know how to turn off the alerts about speed cameras in the Apple Maps? I don’t mind seeing the icon on the screen but it’s getting very annoying to have the voice announcements cut into my music…

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:50 PM

I found the solution!! I went into maps on my phone, chose a destination and started the route, then noticed the speaker icon with a warning icon next to it. Changed it to nothing!! Whooo

6 replies

Nov 6, 2021 11:16 PM in response to Mellie13

Mellie13 Said:

"Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps: Does anyone know how to turn off the alerts about speed cameras in the Apple Maps? I don’t mind seeing the icon on the screen but it’s getting very annoying to have the voice announcements cut into my music…"

-------

Try the following...

Reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout

Nov 6, 2021 10:57 PM in response to Mellie13

I do not see a single article related to Speed Cameras in Apple Article given below. Have you installed any third-party Speed Camera App? If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Apple Articles on Apple Maps

I am from India and I do not see anything on Apple Maps. I would rather go within the speed limits indicated in the road signs than follow the speed cameras.

Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.