Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not use deleted apple id email in existing apple id.

I have my main apple account id with abc@xyz.com,

I had another apple id with def@xyz.com

Now, I want to use def@xyz.com for my apple account.

I deleted my apple id with def@xyz.com and it took 7 days and I also got an email that my apple account with def@xyz.com is deleted.

Now when I log in to the apple account id abc@xyz.com and tries to change email address from abc to def@xyz.com, it says this def@xyz.com is already used.

I have already deleted the def@xyz.com, how can I use that email id in my main account?

Please help.

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 11:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 7, 2021 9:31 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

When you go through deleting an Apple ID, it cannot be used again as an Apple ID: How to delete your Apple ID account

I do not see where it says that in that document. It says a lot about deleting your Apple ID but I don't see where it says anything about not using an old email address, although it is a commonly accepted observation by many people here. However, this Apple team member essentially refuted what you say and simply reinforced a statement telling an person to just re-use their old email address: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253165777

Can not use deleted apple id email in existing apple id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.