Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Mac and would like to transfer my music files from my iPad.I. have a sub subscription to Match but cannot find my music

I have a new Mac Air and a Match subscription. how do I transfer my music from my iPad?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:51 AM

See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support, the steps are the same for iTunes Match. The iCloud Music Library that is already on your iPad should become available to your MacBook Air. Ideally you would keep and maintain a full copy of your media collection on an external drive as a backup so you could restore library if your subscription lapses, or any tracks you might at some point delete in error.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 5:51 AM in response to Taffy1

See Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support, the steps are the same for iTunes Match. The iCloud Music Library that is already on your iPad should become available to your MacBook Air. Ideally you would keep and maintain a full copy of your media collection on an external drive as a backup so you could restore library if your subscription lapses, or any tracks you might at some point delete in error.

tt2

I have a new Mac and would like to transfer my music files from my iPad.I. have a sub subscription to Match but cannot find my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.