Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QWERTY keyboards on iPad

Two different iPads, both updated, both have English QWERTY keyboard. Why are the keys for numeric and changing language in reversed positions on each? It drives me up the wall, as when I move from one device to the other, I keep hitting the wrong key by mistake!! And I do that a lot, as I use Emoijis (on change language key) and brackets, numbers etc ( on the numbers key) very frequently…

Ignore info about my iPad, I think it’s found an older one, the two I’m referring two are both fairly recent ones

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:13 AM

Of the two iPads you are comparing, would one of them be an iPad Pro or iPad Air 4? For some unknown reason it seems Apple has arbitrarily changed the location of the keys on the models mentioned above. It also made me crazy when I first received my iPad Air 4. Why Apple wants to make these changes I’ll never know.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 5:13 AM in response to Wiseowl_17

Of the two iPads you are comparing, would one of them be an iPad Pro or iPad Air 4? For some unknown reason it seems Apple has arbitrarily changed the location of the keys on the models mentioned above. It also made me crazy when I first received my iPad Air 4. Why Apple wants to make these changes I’ll never know.

QWERTY keyboards on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.