Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 and 6 chargers

Hi I have an series 3 and 6 Apple Watch charger

and I read they where the exact same ones.

but one is thicker then the other one(the magnet where the Watch goes)

is it able that one of them is fake or is this just normal?

thanks

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:53 PM

This sounds perfectly normal due to minor manufacturing differences over time. I know of at least 3 slightly different versions all of which I am certain are genuine product (all direct from Apple).

• Original Series 3 cable with 1 metre cable and all-plastic white puck (with watch, from Apple retail store)
  • 2 metre cable with shiny chrome back to the puck (came from Apple retail store, probably 2 years ago)
  • 1 metre cable, brushed metallic back to the puck, USB-C plug (Came with Series 7, Apple online order)

I also know there was a very short cable version which I have never seen in real life, and I have no reason to think these were the only variants. All the watch charging cables are safe to use with any version of Apple Watch, but if you have a Series 7 you will only get the fast charge function with the new USB-C version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 3:53 PM in response to Lololomick

This sounds perfectly normal due to minor manufacturing differences over time. I know of at least 3 slightly different versions all of which I am certain are genuine product (all direct from Apple).

• Original Series 3 cable with 1 metre cable and all-plastic white puck (with watch, from Apple retail store)
  • 2 metre cable with shiny chrome back to the puck (came from Apple retail store, probably 2 years ago)
  • 1 metre cable, brushed metallic back to the puck, USB-C plug (Came with Series 7, Apple online order)

I also know there was a very short cable version which I have never seen in real life, and I have no reason to think these were the only variants. All the watch charging cables are safe to use with any version of Apple Watch, but if you have a Series 7 you will only get the fast charge function with the new USB-C version.

Apple Watch series 3 and 6 chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.