Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired Network Connection

I just purchased a new 16in MacBook Pro. Is there away to connect it to a wired network? I don't see an Ethernet port.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:48 AM

you can buy a Thunderbolt/USB-C to Ethernet adapter.

Apple sells the Belkin adapter in the Apple online store. Readers have been complaining that all these aftermarket adapters are based on a Realtek 8153 chip that has driver problems, solved in Monterey.

You could also install, a 10G Ethernet adapter. These get hot at full 10G speed, so they have a finned metal enclosure. They readily auto-speed to whatever network speed is supported.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 11:48 AM in response to mjordan9258

you can buy a Thunderbolt/USB-C to Ethernet adapter.

Apple sells the Belkin adapter in the Apple online store. Readers have been complaining that all these aftermarket adapters are based on a Realtek 8153 chip that has driver problems, solved in Monterey.

You could also install, a 10G Ethernet adapter. These get hot at full 10G speed, so they have a finned metal enclosure. They readily auto-speed to whatever network speed is supported.

Nov 7, 2021 11:50 AM in response to mjordan9258

Hi, mjordan9258, I think I can help you..... There is a way to connect it to a wired Ethernet network....you have to buy a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Ethernet network adapter. Apple hasn't had built in Ethernet ports in any of their notebooks for quite some time now... Apple will gladly sell you one for around $35, made by Belkin.... please ensure that you get the one with USB-C on one end and the Ethernet port on the other end. Of course, you can get that kind of adapter elsewhere, too

hope this helps you

John b

Wired Network Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.