Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Heart health notifications on your Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate monitoring of family member

Hi I was planning to buy an apple watch 7 for a child with family account, can I get High / Low heart rate alerts pushed to my iphone, there is no clear documentation around this?

many thanks in advance.

Ben

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:15 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2021 12:55 PM in response to benaspx

Hey benaspx,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're looking into heart health notifications to your iPhone from your watch.

The following features and apps are available on the Apple Watch only: Health data sharing, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Cheers!

Nov 8, 2021 2:55 PM in response to DanielleM182

I found this " see link Below " which suggests you can share health info real time, but there isn't much documentation about it's limits, or videos explaining it's use

Apple advances personal health by introducing secure sharing and new insights - Apple

it sounds like the solution I'm looking for but, i need to know it's right before making a $900 purchase

Heart rate monitoring of family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.