You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is wrong with Monterey /

Can't change background with Monterey.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:53 PM

if you are talking about using your photos as the desktop pic, since big sur (and now monterey) in the SystemPreferences > Desktop&Screensaver panel trying to use my saved pictures as my desktop, they are no longer available. as a workaround i've been using the photos app to set my desktop. you can open photos, single click on a pic, then in the photos toolbar, click the share icon and in the dropdown you can choose "Set Desktop Picture".

if that's not what you mean, can you explain what you are trying, and what's happening.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2021 5:53 PM in response to fdnalley

if you are talking about using your photos as the desktop pic, since big sur (and now monterey) in the SystemPreferences > Desktop&Screensaver panel trying to use my saved pictures as my desktop, they are no longer available. as a workaround i've been using the photos app to set my desktop. you can open photos, single click on a pic, then in the photos toolbar, click the share icon and in the dropdown you can choose "Set Desktop Picture".

if that's not what you mean, can you explain what you are trying, and what's happening.

what is wrong with Monterey /

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.