Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome links only work with double tap on my iPad Mini

New iPad Mini 6th gen is great, but for some reason Google Chrome is only useable when I double tap links (Safari is fine). Seems like either some Chrome bug, or an Accessibility setting (Accessibility is all on default settings BTW). Tried reinstalling Chrome 4 times, and just totally restored the iPad to factory settings, and it's the same issue. At first I thought Chrome was just broken, but now I find that double tapping works - I want to fix this, though. Talked to a friend with the iPad Mini 6th gen and he says that he doesn't have this issue.

Here's a video of what happens when I single tap:

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:36 AM

On your iphone, go to Settings > Chrome > Default Web Browser and choose Chrome. That should fix the problem.

If you open Chrome and go to Settings there (bottom right corner “•••”), then Default Browser, you’ll see this message:

“You can open links in Chrome automatically by making it your Default Browser App.”

Fixed the problem for me.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Steve Isaacs

On your iphone, go to Settings > Chrome > Default Web Browser and choose Chrome. That should fix the problem.

If you open Chrome and go to Settings there (bottom right corner “•••”), then Default Browser, you’ll see this message:

“You can open links in Chrome automatically by making it your Default Browser App.”

Fixed the problem for me.

Nov 8, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Steve Isaacs

Hey there Steve Isaacs,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Based on the great troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far, the next step would be to reach out to the app developer and let them know what’s going on. They should be able to provide some insight into this. You can use this link to help you reach out:

How to contact an app developer

Take care.

Dec 20, 2021 4:02 PM in response to stujboy

Nope, no luck. The issue isn't the default browser, Chrome already was. The issue is that any Google search results page, and many pages in Chrome don't work with a single tap - just nothing happens. Seems to work with a double tap, but that's wonky. Tried everything (delete app, restart, even reinstalled the iPadOS from scratch) and this is still happening.

Google Chrome links only work with double tap on my iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.