Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore lost App Store icon

I no longer have an App Store icon on my iPhone XR, iOs 14.8. I have looked in every other folder. I've never set up Screen Time so it shouldn't be a restriction through ST. Avoiding factory reset or home screen layout reset as last resort due to the amount of time required to put all my apps as I have them. Any suggestions?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:02 PM

The App Store app is probably still existing in the App Library. The App Library is the Last Home Screen when you continue to SWIPE LEFT (on the home screen) until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can locate the App Store app and then TOUCH and DRAG the app out of there and place it on to your favorite part of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 11:02 PM in response to jtstarr

The App Store app is probably still existing in the App Library. The App Library is the Last Home Screen when you continue to SWIPE LEFT (on the home screen) until you reach it. Once you are in the App Library, then you can locate the App Store app and then TOUCH and DRAG the app out of there and place it on to your favorite part of the Home Screen.

Axel F.

Nov 7, 2021 11:00 PM in response to jtstarr

jtstarr Said:

"How to restore lost App Store icon: I no longer have an App Store icon on my iPhone XR, iOs 14.8. I have looked in every other folder. I've never set up Screen Time so it shouldn't be a restriction through ST. Avoiding factory reset or home screen layout reset as last resort due to the amount of time required to put all my apps as I have them. Any suggestions?"

-------

Reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout

Dec 5, 2021 6:47 PM in response to jtstarr

I had the same issue on iPhone 8 / 15.1 I tried the following and it worked

Go to Home Screen and drag it down.

Two rows of Last Used icons will appear on top of screen with a Search Bar on top of those rows

If your missing app icon is not there then type the name of the icon on the search bar

The missing Icon will appear on the search bar

Drag it down to your home screen and later mov it wherever you want

How to restore lost App Store icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.