Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts app not loading any contacts

Since upgrading to macOS 12.0.1 my contacts app is empty most of the time. No contacts shown at all. Only directly after rebooting it does work for a while.

When I enable or disable an account it crashes.

Topic related to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253328714

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:52 AM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2021 3:15 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks so much!!! It worked!

Even though I do not have contacts "On My Mac", there were a lot of AddressBook-v22.abcddb* files. Many of them having a "corrupt" ending.

I moved them all to another directory and now it seems to be working fine again.

Only removing and re-adding the account did not do the trick.

Nov 16, 2021 9:57 PM in response to morja

I am having a problem with contacts. It is confused on at least my id and one other. When I go to add a new contact, it lets me start but by the second field it throws me out and leaves a new contact card at the bottom of the list with no entries. I also get kicked out when editing an existing contact. All works fine on my iPhone - just iMac on Monterey 12.1 fails. It might have been a problem before Monterey.

Nov 19, 2021 8:59 AM in response to morja

I did try deleting the 3 abcddb files and at first no improvement, but after a while it did unlink my contact info from my daughter's. Thanks for the reply - I believe I am back in business now as far as that corruption, however I am still unable to add a contact or edit them on my iMac. I get about two fields entered before it just disappears. I'll read through your link to try and solve that. Thanks again

Contacts app not loading any contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.