Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail widget does not update

My mail widget does not update. Since more than a week I always see the same 2 unread mails, although I already read and then deleted them.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 2:06 PM

Hi Gulliver, it happened to me. Solved by removing the widget, reinstalling the mail app and add again your mail account and finally add the widget again to home screen. Don’t forget to back up any email if required before uninstalling.

Removing and adding widget back to home screen doesn’t help at all.

Reinstalling mail app means deleting the app completely, removing from home screen is not enough.

After mail is removed, download again mail app from appstore to install.

good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Gulliver

Hi Gulliver, it happened to me. Solved by removing the widget, reinstalling the mail app and add again your mail account and finally add the widget again to home screen. Don’t forget to back up any email if required before uninstalling.

Removing and adding widget back to home screen doesn’t help at all.

Reinstalling mail app means deleting the app completely, removing from home screen is not enough.

After mail is removed, download again mail app from appstore to install.

good luck.

Nov 9, 2021 8:23 AM in response to Gulliver

Hi Gulliver, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see that you’re having an issue with the Mail widget not updating on your iPad. We want to help. Do you see those emails in Mail? Are they showing unread there as well? If so, you can follow the steps in this article that talks about If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open.

If those steps don’t help, you can update to the most recent iPadOS version. It is good practice to back up your device before updating. 

Here’s How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Here’s how to: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

Reach back out with any questions.

Best Regards!

Nov 12, 2021 6:28 AM in response to Gulliver

Hey Gulliver,

Thanks for the reply and trying those steps, we appreciate it!

If you go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data > Verify that is set to "Push". Otherwise, new emails may not load until the Mail app is opened, which then the Mail Widget should update.

If you're still not seeing the widget updating, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support to let them know what's happening.

Get Support

Take care!

Mail widget does not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.