You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been stuck in Greece for the last 18 months due to the CoVid 19

Dear Apple Support, I am an American stranded during the last several months on a Greek Island

( Patmos ) and have developed a problem with my Mac Air 13" screen at the beginning of the CoVid 19 in April 2020.

My screen developed a big vertical stripped line down the middle of my screen. for reasons I cannot understand as the laptop has always been treated delicately.

As I was staying on the Island of Patmos in Greece during Lockdown as I am 68 years old and only until recently I had no reasonable way to reach Apple or an approved Apple service when under warranty.

I am now on the mainland of Greece ( near Glyfada ) and wish to have your consideration approval for coverage to get repaired to fix this problem at an approved Apple outlet (" I Storm ") store as this is yet another problem I have had with a Apple laptop over the last several years on a different MacBookk Pro.

I kindly request your consideration and coverage under these strenuous CoVid 19 Pandemic times as I had no way at all to get service during CovId 19 during the Lockdown days here.

There is only an approved apple provider here in Greece called "I Storm " in lieu of the Reall Apple Store but they can only apparently take direction from Apple.

I kindly request you assistance on this issue because now it is out of warranty of course.

Most Grateful, David H.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 10:55 AM

Unfortunately your post is not reaching Apple - because this is not Apple support. These are user to user forums and we have no way to contact Apple for you.

I would start by using the contact support link in the upper right corner of this page; you can possibly use a link to your post here or explain it again. I do not know if Apple will make exceptions due to COVID or not.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2021 10:55 AM in response to HODinGreece

Unfortunately your post is not reaching Apple - because this is not Apple support. These are user to user forums and we have no way to contact Apple for you.

I would start by using the contact support link in the upper right corner of this page; you can possibly use a link to your post here or explain it again. I do not know if Apple will make exceptions due to COVID or not.

Good luck!

I have been stuck in Greece for the last 18 months due to the CoVid 19

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.