Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera

Live is always default and I want to turn it off (but not EVERY time I use camera). My settings does not have a preserve setting on this.

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:01 AM

Hi there, Dapple!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're looking to ensure that the Live Photos settings are saved from each Camera session. We're happy to help!

Take a look at the instructions from the Apple Support article Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support below, which describe how to manage Live Photos settings:

"How to turn off Live Photos

From the Camera app, tap the Live Photos button  to turn off Live Photos. A slash through the Live Photos button means that the feature is off.

The Camera app turns Live Photos on again automatically. To keep Live Photos off permanently, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Camera > Preserve Settings.
  3. Make sure that the switch next to Live Photo is turned on."

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 10:01 AM in response to Dapple

Hi there, Dapple!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're looking to ensure that the Live Photos settings are saved from each Camera session. We're happy to help!

Take a look at the instructions from the Apple Support article Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support below, which describe how to manage Live Photos settings:

"How to turn off Live Photos

From the Camera app, tap the Live Photos button  to turn off Live Photos. A slash through the Live Photos button means that the feature is off.

The Camera app turns Live Photos on again automatically. To keep Live Photos off permanently, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Camera > Preserve Settings.
  3. Make sure that the switch next to Live Photo is turned on."

Have a great day!

Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.