Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Accused Me of "Unauthorized Modification" to My iPhone 11 and Sent it Back With No Repair

I recently fell longboarding and absolutely shattered my screen, I didn't realize Apple-certified repairs actually aren't that expensive and went to a non-certified repairer, and they replaced my screen with a non-Apple one.

The next day, I dropped my phone with the new screen and it did not show any damage-- went to sleep with my phone under my pillow that night and woke up with a small crack in the middle of the screen. Phone worked fine though.

Fast forward: I am practicing soccer with my phone in my hand and I run through a sprinkler to cool off. Phone gets wet. After this, the screen starts to become increasingly unresponsive to touch. It gets too bad to use and I decide to get it professionally repaired.

Send it in, and Apple sends it back with no repair because "Unauthorized Modifications." Uh, yeah, that's why I'm sending it to you guys.

Does getting an iPhone repaired at a third party place void any Apple repairs??

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 10:30 AM

Yes. The moment you had anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) replace parts in your phone with non-authentic parts, you forfeited your rights to service from Apple. Only Apple or an AASP can replace parts with authentic parts.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apple Accused Me of "Unauthorized Modification" to My iPhone 11 and Sent it Back With No Repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.