Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi my iPad used to recognize my Smart Keyboard but it no longer does. It will not connect via bluetooth

How do I fix this?

it is physically connected to the iPad but it still doesn’t recognize it.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:44 AM

Your Apple Smart Keyboard connects to your iPad using the three-pin smart connector contacts that you’ll find on your iPad and keyboard. The Smart Keyboard does not use Bluetooth.

Typical failures associated with Apple’s Smart “folio” keyboards are fracture of the electrical conductors where they pass through the flexible fabric hinges of the keyboard. A failed Smart Keyboard cannot be repaired - only replaced.

If your Keyboard is within its one year limited warranty, you will need to seek assistance from Apple. You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your keyboard and iPad.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Meghan831

Your Apple Smart Keyboard connects to your iPad using the three-pin smart connector contacts that you’ll find on your iPad and keyboard. The Smart Keyboard does not use Bluetooth.

Typical failures associated with Apple’s Smart “folio” keyboards are fracture of the electrical conductors where they pass through the flexible fabric hinges of the keyboard. A failed Smart Keyboard cannot be repaired - only replaced.

If your Keyboard is within its one year limited warranty, you will need to seek assistance from Apple. You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your keyboard and iPad.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Hi my iPad used to recognize my Smart Keyboard but it no longer does. It will not connect via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.