Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save as window dropping down when using Photoshop Elements 2021

I hope this is an Apple issue, as Adobe has confirmed that there is nothing within PSE that would cause the one problem I am having.

Prior to upgrading my 2015 Macbook Pro laptop to Monteray from the earlier OS, I had no issues. When using PSE I finish my work then go file/save as. the 'save as' window gets lower and lower until it almost drops below a visible area at the very bottom. Sure I can drag it up, but that is a pain; especially as I've never done it before. I've reset preferences in PSE and it still happens; there is no 'snap to' option. I'm sure you will say it is an Adobe issue and not a Mac one — but honestly, I've tried everything and it has only been this way since adopting Monteray. I've taken a snapshot to show you. It used to display in the centre as can be seen compared to how it progressively gets lower and lower.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 4:50 AM

Having spent quite a bit of time on this, and reading Adobe discussions like these, PSE 2021 & PSE 2022 are not working well with Monteray. I am now fully convinced the issue is for Adobe to rectify.

Thank you again

3 replies

Nov 9, 2021 7:27 PM in response to Doc Strange

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities Doc Strange,

We understand you're having an issue with the Save dialogue that comes up in Adobe Photoshop.

Before it can be determined where the issue is occurring, we recommend taking steps to isolate the behavior.

Since a similar dialogue comes up when saving a document in other apps, the most logical way to isolate the issue would be to test to see whether you're able to reproduce the behavior in other apps.

If the issue does occur in other apps, isolate the behavior further by testing in safe mode, and updating this thread with your result: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Should the behavior only occur in Photoshop, while the title doesn't match your issue exactly, the steps on the following page may offer a solution: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

Cheers!

Save as window dropping down when using Photoshop Elements 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.