Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

php version not found in monterey update

After Monterey update in terminal showing that zsh: command not found: php

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:07 AM

I’m not sure why you would think I would have any documentation much less full documentation. Search the Internet for how to install PHP. I

The simplest method would probably using a package manager like homebrew, fink, or Macports.

Then, you’ll need to figure out how to integrate it into your Web server because it won’t be installed in the same location it was previously.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 11:07 AM in response to jony2001

I’m not sure why you would think I would have any documentation much less full documentation. Search the Internet for how to install PHP. I

The simplest method would probably using a package manager like homebrew, fink, or Macports.

Then, you’ll need to figure out how to integrate it into your Web server because it won’t be installed in the same location it was previously.

Nov 9, 2021 11:26 AM in response to jony2001

Unlike Big Sur 11.6.1 which advised when running PHP7:

PHP is included in macOS for compatibility with legacy software.

Future versions of macOS will not include PHP

Monterey no longer provides PHP in Xcode 13.1, the command line tools for Xcode, or as part of the operating system at /usr/bin.

You will have to determine if a Monterey-compatible version of PHP exists and install it from the web.

php version not found in monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.