Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did the upgrade and now iphoto no longer works or is available. where can I get my pictures I had stored on the mac in iphoto?

I did the upgrade and now iphoto no longer works or is available. where can I get my pictures I had stored on the mac in iphoto?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Assuming that you upgraded from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit only OS, it is time to move on to Photos.

Launch Photos with the option key held down. From the dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new Photos Library from your iPhoto media. Your iPhoto Library will not be changed, though it will be renamed.

The Photos icon looks like this:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 10:20 AM in response to ckd988half

Assuming that you upgraded from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit only OS, it is time to move on to Photos.

Launch Photos with the option key held down. From the dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new Photos Library from your iPhoto media. Your iPhoto Library will not be changed, though it will be renamed.

The Photos icon looks like this:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.