Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn on closed captioning for movies? On the discription page there is now way to check it. I keep tapping on CC but it does not respond

How do I turn on closed captioning for movies? On the discription page there is now way to check it. I keep tapping on CC but it does not respond

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:23 PM

On what device is this happening?

Change subtitles for videos in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

2 replies

Nov 9, 2021 4:51 PM in response to Urquhart1244

It was happening on my Sony Bravia. Apple support finally showed me the way. You have to let a movie get started, then pause it on your Firestick (that is what I was using) which will show how much time the movie has been running, then hit down on that circle thing, which will make your movie time clock disappear, then click that circle thing down again and at the top of the screen will be the closed captioning ribbon.

Craxy, huh? Who would have thought?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.