Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad unresponsive after user signin

Hi there!. I am having trouble with my Macbook Air (13" early 2015) trackpad I updated to the recent Mac Os 12.0.1. After the update the trackpad became unrespnsive after every user sign in. Tried things like SMC reset etc. Even same occurs in safe mode. Kindly suggest appropriate solution.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:01 AM

Hello im_abubakar,

We see that you need help with the trackpad on your Mac.

If the trackpad is working before you sign in, you may need to adjust the user setting. Make sure that ignore built-in trackpad isn’t enabled. Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

If it's not enabled, and the trackpad isn't working, Contact Official Apple Support.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 9:01 AM in response to im_abubakar

Hello im_abubakar,

We see that you need help with the trackpad on your Mac.

If the trackpad is working before you sign in, you may need to adjust the user setting. Make sure that ignore built-in trackpad isn’t enabled. Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

If it's not enabled, and the trackpad isn't working, Contact Official Apple Support.

Cheers!

Trackpad unresponsive after user signin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.