Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying photos from iPhone to PC

I'm really frustrated with the change to how I can copy photos from my iPhone to my PC. I used to just open the DCIM on my phone, highlight the photos I wanted to copy and slide them into a folder on my PC for copying. Went very quickly. Now I'm getting the error message that the requested source is in use or it's showing up as unavailable.

Why has that changed to a new much more convoluted process with the recent iOS upgrades. Not satisfactory!!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:00 AM

Apple never designed iOS to allow copying photos the way you were doing it; it just happened to work by chance. However, it should still work, although the folder organization has changed. Here is guidance on several ways to copy photos to a computer→Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To do it the way you were doing it you need the latest version of iTunes from https://itunes.com and Windows 7 or later.

The easiest way to do it is to turn on Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Photos, then install the free iCloud for Windows app from the Microsoft Store. That way every time you take a photo it will be on your PC within a few seconds, meaning you can never lose a photo if disaster strikes, and you won’t have to ever copy anything manually.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 11:00 AM in response to AbbyR0ad

Apple never designed iOS to allow copying photos the way you were doing it; it just happened to work by chance. However, it should still work, although the folder organization has changed. Here is guidance on several ways to copy photos to a computer→Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To do it the way you were doing it you need the latest version of iTunes from https://itunes.com and Windows 7 or later.

The easiest way to do it is to turn on Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Photos, then install the free iCloud for Windows app from the Microsoft Store. That way every time you take a photo it will be on your PC within a few seconds, meaning you can never lose a photo if disaster strikes, and you won’t have to ever copy anything manually.

Copying photos from iPhone to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.