Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New leaf icon in Photos images

There is a new leaf icon appearing in my images in my Photos library that provides information on the image when selected. I find this very distracting and would like to disable it. Does anyone know how to do this?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:44 PM

This is the new "visual lookup" introduced by Photos 7 on Monterey. It is not yet available in all countries, so I cannot test it.

macOS Monterey - New Features - Apple

Visual Look Up

Swipe up or click the information button on any photo to highlight recognized objects and scenes. Learn more about popular art and landmarks around the world, plants and flowers out in nature, books, and breeds of pets.

According to the user guide, the overlay will only be shown, if the Info panel is open. Learn more about a photo using Visual Look Up in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Live Text in photos

Text is now completely interactive in all your photos, so you can use functions like copy and paste, lookup, and translate. Live Text works in Photos, Screenshot, Quick Look, and Safari.8

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 11:44 PM in response to Brev00

This is the new "visual lookup" introduced by Photos 7 on Monterey. It is not yet available in all countries, so I cannot test it.

macOS Monterey - New Features - Apple

Visual Look Up

Swipe up or click the information button on any photo to highlight recognized objects and scenes. Learn more about popular art and landmarks around the world, plants and flowers out in nature, books, and breeds of pets.

According to the user guide, the overlay will only be shown, if the Info panel is open. Learn more about a photo using Visual Look Up in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Live Text in photos

Text is now completely interactive in all your photos, so you can use functions like copy and paste, lookup, and translate. Live Text works in Photos, Screenshot, Quick Look, and Safari.8

New leaf icon in Photos images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.