Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upgrade past High Sierra

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running High Sierra (10.13.6). I'm trying to upgrade to any of the newer versions of OS. I understand this mac is not compatible with macOS Monterey, but it should be compatible with macOS Big Sur.

The Updates section of the App Store does not have any OS upgrade options, it only lists "Incompatible App Updates"

I followed the instructions here (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683) to upgrade to an older OS, but when I click the link under "Use Safari to download macOS on your Mac" for any of the OS options, the tab says "Connecting to the iTunes Store..." and the App Store opens up to the front page. No sign of an OS download.

I can't find any of the OS when searching in the App Store. The only OS I find in the App Store is Monterey, which is incompatible with my mac.

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:58 AM

Those links currently don't work. Wait a few hours and try again.

(207795)

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't upgrade past High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.