Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in macOS High Sierra

I tried to update my MacBook to the latest update (Big Sur). This did not work, my computer totally froze and I had to delete my old account. When I did this I chose to restart my computer by reinstalling macOS High Sierra. I was happy when I got my computer to work again until I realized that I can't do a new software update to OS Mojave or OS Catalina. This means that I can't download apps like Word because my current OS High Sierra doesn't allow it.

So my question is, how can I update my OS High Sierra to a newer version, when no updates to a new software can be found at my computer?

I'm so thankful if someone knows how to help!

MacBook

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 11:42 AM

hello,

if your MacBook is the 12" MacBook refresh from 2015-2019, then you can find macOS Catalina, or Mojave here.

if it is one of the MacBooks from before they were first discontinued in 2012, they are not compatible with anything later than High Sierra.

here is a current list of machines supported on the latest version of macOS Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.

make sure to back up your data before doing any kind of update so you can prevent data loss in the case of this ever happening again.

hope this helps :)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 11:42 AM in response to Friida123

hello,

if your MacBook is the 12" MacBook refresh from 2015-2019, then you can find macOS Catalina, or Mojave here.

if it is one of the MacBooks from before they were first discontinued in 2012, they are not compatible with anything later than High Sierra.

here is a current list of machines supported on the latest version of macOS Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.

make sure to back up your data before doing any kind of update so you can prevent data loss in the case of this ever happening again.

hope this helps :)

Stuck in macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.