Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

current version of safari for mac book air

What is the current version of safari for mac book air? mine is 11.1.2 (11605.3.8.1). If this is not the most current, can you please tell me how to update it? thank you

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:30 PM

The current version of Safari is Safari 15.1. You can update Safari by updating macOS.

You can update your Mac using one of these two links:

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2015 or later, you can install macOS 12 Monterey.

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2013 or 2014, you can install macOS 11 Big Sur.

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2012, you can install macOS 10.15 Catalina.

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2011 or earlier, your Mac isn't compatible with the latest version of Safari, but you should still update to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

You can check what year your Mac was introduced by going to About This Mac from the Apple menu ().

Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

Lastly, if you're looking for an up-to-date browser:

• Google Chrome requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
  • Microsoft Edge requires macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
  • Firefox requires macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 3:30 PM in response to inthedrizzle

The current version of Safari is Safari 15.1. You can update Safari by updating macOS.

You can update your Mac using one of these two links:

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2015 or later, you can install macOS 12 Monterey.

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2013 or 2014, you can install macOS 11 Big Sur.

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2012, you can install macOS 10.15 Catalina.

If your MacBook Air was introduced in 2011 or earlier, your Mac isn't compatible with the latest version of Safari, but you should still update to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

You can check what year your Mac was introduced by going to About This Mac from the Apple menu ().

Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

Lastly, if you're looking for an up-to-date browser:

• Google Chrome requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
  • Microsoft Edge requires macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
  • Firefox requires macOS 10.12 Sierra or later

Nov 9, 2021 8:51 PM in response to bumbleben0

Thank you for your suggestions. I upgraded to Catalina and now have the current version of Safari. HOWEVER, I have lost the the Apple suite of applications (Numbers, Pages, Keynote, etc) and cannot download them through the App Store as they require Version 11 or later and Catalina is Version 10.15.7. Any suggestions? (at this point, I have no ability to open my docs.)

current version of safari for mac book air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.