Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email

I want to set up an apple email account for my daughter. We share an iPad. So, step one, how do I create an email for her on our apple account, and second, how do I set it up on the iPad so that we can both check our emails, without them all mashing together? Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 3:54 PM

Outside of Educational environments, iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

You should each have your own AppleID - used with your own dedicated devices - as using a shared AppleID has implications for privacy and unintentional data sharing. There are many good reasons to keep your digital identities entirely separate:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

Should you wish to do so, you can continue to share Apps, Services, Purchases and Subscriptions using the Family Sharing features.

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Sharing an AppleID between users is a very bad idea. Sooner or later, you’re going to encounter data loss, account lockout or compromise of sensitive data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 3:54 PM in response to Un-savvytechmom

Outside of Educational environments, iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

You should each have your own AppleID - used with your own dedicated devices - as using a shared AppleID has implications for privacy and unintentional data sharing. There are many good reasons to keep your digital identities entirely separate:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

Should you wish to do so, you can continue to share Apps, Services, Purchases and Subscriptions using the Family Sharing features.

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Sharing an AppleID between users is a very bad idea. Sooner or later, you’re going to encounter data loss, account lockout or compromise of sensitive data.

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.