Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

****Issues with DaVinci Resolve - cannot open FCP XML Files/ HELP NEEDED ASAP

I have a colorist completing my video in davinci resolve (latest version 10.xxx) and for some reason, he cannot open my XML files I sent him. Im running the latest version of FCP (10.6)

Here is the error message he is receiving

Error

Davinci Resolve supports Final Cut pro x XML 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8

Is there Any way I can get my current FCP version to make an XML in 1.8?

*My only options are current version (1.10) or previous (1.9)

Would I need to change the metadata view to something special in order to accommodate / create 1.8 compatible XML file, etc??

Currently - my Metadata View is set as" general “ (per attached metadata 1 screenshot), but there are many other metadatview options (per attached metadata 2 screenshot)

Metadata 2 screenshot:

There's got to be a simple workaround to get this resolved- being that we both have the latest versions of platforms...

Any ideas??

Let me know.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 8:51 PM

9 replies

Nov 10, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Strange! I have done a further test with FCP 10.5.4 by exporting a "normal" project as XML 1.8 and DVR refuses to accept it.

If anyone wants to check it out in case I am wrong, DaVinci Resolve is completely free to download and keep.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-K2MBhC-ARIsAMtLKRvQpi-yR_pxaBzQ1dGbgcda4R_BV6hWJDshOHdjHhXLdpSJbw4sud4aAsb3EALw_wcB

****Issues with DaVinci Resolve - cannot open FCP XML Files/ HELP NEEDED ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.