Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 Error "The XML document sent from application "iMovie" could not be imported. DTD version is not recognised"

Hello Apple Community,

I have created a project in iMovie and I need to send it to Final Cut Pro to get it exported in 4K Resolution. But when I try to do that, it gives me the error "The XML document sent from application "iMovie" could not be imported. DTD version is not recognised"

I'm on the latest version of macOS and both iMovie and Final Cut Pro are up-to-date. Please could someone help me? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 7:37 AM

Just guessing here, but maybe receiving iMovie projects may be a feature not supported in the trial version.

Or perhaps your iMovie version is the most recent but FCP is not. I see that it is a trial and the copyright notice only mentions 2022, not 2023... The full 10.6.6 version was released recently, so maybe you need to get the trial for it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 7:37 AM in response to Community User

Just guessing here, but maybe receiving iMovie projects may be a feature not supported in the trial version.

Or perhaps your iMovie version is the most recent but FCP is not. I see that it is a trial and the copyright notice only mentions 2022, not 2023... The full 10.6.6 version was released recently, so maybe you need to get the trial for it.

Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 Error "The XML document sent from application "iMovie" could not be imported. DTD version is not recognised"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.